Monday, May 18, 2009

Nearby Bushfire






Its been a few days since my last update. Few days ago i kept on cursing about the damn hot waether and now I'm in oerth, enjoying the cold breeze and the fresh air. I feel lika a barbequed chicken removed from the fire and thrown straight into the freezer.. oh yeah it feels good..






My flight was at 6 am, and as usual Iwas doing some last minute packing the night before. As usual I cleaned myself and prepared to go to bed. I went down to have a cup of water which is when my dad came home and asked me to chech out the glow at the hill behind our house. I went out and saw a yellowish red glow and heard some crackling sound which was quite loud. I walked towards the glow which is a few houses away from mine and saw the source of that beautiful glow. A small bushfire was burning the barbequed trees behing the my neighbours house. The night breeze was feeding oxygen to spreading the fire just like those "satay boys" you see on a roadside stall feeding the fire with the "kipas". As the fire was quite small campared to the fire in the photo in my previous post, it's actually quite a beautiful scene. Too bad I didn't have a tripod with me or the pictures might look even better.


About 20 minutes later, some bomba were spotted climbing the hills using something like a fireproof cloth to beat up the fire. I though bombas were supposed to used something more high tech like "hose and water" instead of "cloth and hands". I though I wanted to see them put out the fire but they took so long that I lost interest and went to sleep instead. Hoorah for the heroes..
Total death and damage assumed:
500 ants
50 plants
5 birds' nest
and 50 minutes of sleep
Curse you, stupid weather for giving sunburn and the lack of sleep.. I hate the equator~!